Supervisor Information

This information below applies to all students who desire to work on campus regardless of financial aid status.

Step 1: Find Available Positions and Apply

Step 1: To find open positions on-campus, you will be using Handshake, the college's posting platform for jobs and internships. If you are seeking on-campus employment, most campus supervisors post their positions around the end of July.

Step 2: Know your Schedule and Skills

Student employees typically work less than 10 hours per week. Work schedules are usually created around academic class time, athletic practices, and co-curricular activity times. Many departments seek students with specific skills and availability. Know your academic, athletic and co-curricular schedule and be prepared to discuss your available work hours. Have a resume, a document describing your previous work, academic, and volunteer experience which will help you get noticed by employers. Dress appropriately for an interview and show enthusiasm and a willingness to work when discussing a job opportunity.

Step 3: Complete the Student Employment Packet

If you have been hired to work on campus, you are responsible for filling out the appropriate hiring forms. Your supervisor is responsible for submitting the Student Employment Info Sheet online.

  • New Employees: If you have not worked for the College in the past, in order to be entered into the payroll system you must submit student employment paperwork within the first three days of work, and you will need to present original identifying documentation (examples include: passport, Social Security Card, state-issued drivers license) to complete the Federal I-9 Form. Refer to this excerpt from the I-9 Form (PDF) for information on what to do if you do not have the required document(s). All forms and original documentation must be reviewed by the Center for Career Engagement (CUB Room 204). International Students must schedule a 30 minute appointment to complete hiring paperwork with our staff, which can be done via Handshake.
  • Returning Employees: If you have worked for the College before, even if it was in a different department, there are no additional forms to complete -- unless your home address, tax information and/or banking information have changed. If any of that information has changed, you need to resubmit the tax and direct deposit forms. These forms can be obtained from the Center for Career Engagement.

Frequently Asked Questions